"If I had a Star for all the times you made me smile,I would Hold the sky in my hand."

Friday, March 9, 2012

"Oh The ButterFlies" Card

Hello friends,
Today I'm sharing with you a fun card using all the 'Spots' for the new ( TheStampSpot.com) look 'Spots' challenge! Hope this Card will inspire you to join in and play along with us. I also played along with the sketch challenge over at Some Odd Girl!
For today's card I have used Chocolate Mocha cardstock for the base, paired with a Brad for the centre of the bow, that has been tied with some  Twine . I've also used a Some Odd Girl stamp on some  Neenah (solar white) cardstock.The Butterflies were die cut from Fiskars punch and My Minds Eye (lost&found) cardstock . I created some visual interest by adding some hand sewing on the card and a bit of Stickles to the wings of main image. 



Copic's Used: Skin (YR0000,YR000,YR00,W3,R02), Eyes (G29,G24,G21,G12), Hair (E57,E55,E51,E31)
Video Tutorial Below

 
Hope this inspires your crafty mojo!

Crafty Hugs,
Sandra

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet & adorable card! Great take on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at SOG. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very gorgeous card! I'm so excited that you used sweet wishes! I love how you've colored her eyes and her wings are amazing! Thanks for playing at Some Odd Girl!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a stunning creation, Sandra! I'm a sucker for videos and watched yours.. love how it all came together!! You colored wishes so beautifully! Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl! hugs, Leah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much ladies! I love getting feedback from all you talented ladies...super happy ya'll like it and I must say wishes is quickly becoming on of my favorite oddies to use.. hehe

      Hugs
      Sandra

      Delete
  4. what a fun card...great take on the sketch...Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandra this is gorgeous!! I love the lovely ethereal feel it has!! So sweet...the colors are amazing and I, too, am totally addicted to Distress Inks!!

    Can I ask you...how do you mount your video camera? I see that it's in a fixed state above you but for the live of me cannot figure out how it stays there! =) Would love any tips when you have time!

    Thanks SO much for joining us at Some Odd Girl!!

    Crafty Hugs!!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Meredith! your sweet comments always make me smile. As far as my camera goes I have it on a tri-pod which has handles, that allows it to hang down while still keeping it secure. I can send you a picture to your email if it helps better explain ( personally I'm a visual learner so) just let me know girl.

    Crafty hugs!!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous - I love the twine and button embellishment! Thanks for playing along in the Some Odd Girl Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete