"If I had a Star for all the times you made me smile,I would Hold the sky in my hand."

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Handmade Copic Cubbie!

Hello Crafty friends!
Lately I was really getting annoyed with my current Copic holder aka ( The wicker basket I kept them in) so I decided to make a better solution for myself that would be inexpensive. I kept a large shoe box I had recently acquired and made that the base of my Copic cubbie.
                            I love having my Copic Sketch markers organized by color family.     



I used quite a bit of Washi tape to reinforce the sides and inside shelves. The Shelves themselves are about 4x4 and where cut from heavy weight cardstock. I covered the outside of the box with cardstock designed by Donna Salazar.
 Some of my shelves were sprayed with Glimmer mist on the inside to add some quick color! I actually really love how it turned out so far and I hope you feel inspired to make your own version ? Please feel free to let me know if you need any tips or if you decide to make one ( I'd love to see it) .


                                     Crafty Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Thank you for sharing this becuase I tried to make one out of foam board and I just could not get it right. This is so clever and I love taking something for one use and turning itinto something else. Thank you for this!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So happy I could help or inspire in anyway..I really love to re-use items in a crafty ways too.. let me know when you make one so I can see your version. ( Oh and helpful tip : I put hinges made of recycled cardboard boxes underneath the shelves to give extra reinforcements).

      Happy Crafting :-D

      Delete